February 07, 2017 -
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has awarded three Carter Healthcare providers five stars in the Quality of Patient Care Star Rating. Those providers include: Boca Raton, Florida; McAlester, Oklahoma; and Tulsa, Oklahoma which includes locations in Bartlesville, Grove, Muskogee, Okmulgee, Tahlequah and Vinita.
The CMS five-star quality rating system rates the nation’s home health agencies on a one to five star scale based on nine of the 29 process and outcome measures during a 12-month period. This star rating provides a single indicator of an agency’s performance compared to other agencies.
“To earn these ratings is a great achievement,” said Brad Carter, chief operations officer at Carter Healthcare. “Every day our team members are striving to provide the very best care to help people live better lives. These ratings are confirmation of just how successful our team has been at providing the highest quality care for our patients.”
In addition to three locations with five stars, the following providers earned 4.5 stars:
- Ardmore/Durant (Oklahoma);
- Boynton Beach/Jensen Beach (Florida);
- Brady/Brownwood (Texas);
- Del Rio/Ozona/Uvalde (Texas);
- Fort Lauderdale (Florida);
- Greensburg (Pennsylvania);
- Irving/Denton/Longview/Sherman/Wichita Falls (Texas);
- Jupiter (Florida);
- Largo/New Port Richey (Florida);
- Lawton/Altus/Chickasha (Oklahoma);
- Melbourne/Orlando (Florida);
- New Braunfels/Austin/Kerrville/Pearsall/San Antonio/Victoria (Texas);
- Oklahoma City/Clinton/Enid/Norman/Shawnee/Stillwater (Oklahoma);
- Pryor (Oklahoma);
- Port St. Lucie/Vero Beach (Florida);
- San Angelo/Abilene (Texas); and
- Spring/Conroe/Livingston (Texas).
Carter Healthcare providers in Steubenville, Ohio and Tampa, Florida earned ratings of four stars.
With its star rating, Carter Healthcare is able to distinguish itself from other providers across the nation. The average star rating in the U.S., Ohio, Oklahoma and Texas is three stars. Florida and Pennsylvania have an average rating of 3.5 stars. Additional information about the ratings can be found at www.medicare.gov/homehealthcompare.com.
Since 1989, Carter Healthcare, based in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, has been a leading healthcare provider focused on delivering outcomes-based results and the highest quality of home health, hospice, at-home medical equipment and pharmacy services to thousands of clients in the comfort of their homes. With locations in Florida, Kansas, Missouri, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania and Texas, Carter Healthcare continues to help people live better lives. Find out more information about Carter Healthcare at www.carterhealthcare.com.